Mobile Help vs Medical Guardian
Medical alert systems are designed to signal emergency operators of the presence of a hazard requiring urgent attention and to summon emergency medical personnel.
Medical alert systems are designed to signal emergency operators of the presence of a hazard requiring urgent attention and to summon emergency medical personnel. These systems are crucial for seniors living alone, people with severe health issues, or anyone who may require immediate medical attention.
- Medical alert systems are typically composed of a wearable medical alert pendant or wristband that can be activated in an emergency.
- When the button on the pendant or wristband is pressed, a signal is sent to a base unit in the home, which then communicates with a monitoring center.
- The monitoring center is staffed by medical professionals who can assess the situation and dispatch emergency services if necessary.
- Some systems also include automatic fall detection, which can automatically send a signal to the monitoring center if a fall is detected.
- Many systems are now incorporating smart technology, such as GPS location tracking, to help locate the individual in need of assistance.
Overview of MobileHelp and Medical Guardian
MobileHelp is a leading provider of mobile medical alert systems and health monitoring solutions. The company has been in operation since 2006 and is one of the top five medical alert providers in terms of revenue in the United States.
- MobileHelp offers a range of eight affordable systems, including unique two-for-one systems for spouses or roommates.
- The company not only builds medical alert systems for its customers but also manufactures systems for other U.S. providers, which attests to the high quality and reliability of their equipment.
- In 2016, MobileHelp’s monitoring centers, run by their partner Rapid Response, won the CSAA Central Station of the Year Award, indicating the caliber of its monitoring centers.
Medical Guardian has been serving seniors since 2006 and is known for its highly-trained operators, cutting-edge technology, and sleek systems.
- Over 200,000 older adults across the country currently subscribe to one of Medical Guardian’s five alert system options.
- Customers can rest easy knowing the company’s U.S.-based monitoring center has received several industry certifications for reliability, excellence, and safety, including TMA Five Diamond, UL Listed, and ESA Security certifications.
- For more tech-savvy users, Medical Guardian offers a MGMove watch while MobileHelp offers a tablet and smartwatch.
Importance of Medical Alert Systems for Seniors
Medical alert systems are a critical tool for ensuring the safety and well-being of seniors.
- With the push of a button, seniors can get immediate help in case of a medical emergency, whether it’s a fall, a heart attack, or any other urgent health issue.
- These systems provide seniors and their families with peace of mind, knowing that help is just a button press away.
- The automatic fall detection feature is particularly important for seniors, as falls are the leading cause of injury and death in this age group.
- Moreover, many seniors value their independence and want to continue living in their own homes for as long as possible. Medical alert systems enable them to do so safely.
- The GPS location tracking feature in some systems can also help locate a senior who has gotten lost or disoriented, which can be particularly beneficial for those with cognitive impairments like Alzheimer’s disease.
In the next part of the article, we will delve deeper into the specific features and offerings of both MobileHelp and Medical Guardian, comparing their services to help you choose the right medical alert system for your needs.
Comparison of MobileHelp and Medical Guardian
When comparing MobileHelp and Medical Guardian, it’s clear that both companies offer high-quality medical alert systems with a range of features designed to meet the needs of different users.
- Both companies offer at-home systems and on-the-go systems, with MobileHelp also offering hybrid systems.
- Both companies provide 24/7 monitoring included in their packages, ensuring users can get help whenever they need it.
- Both companies offer automatic fall detection as an additional feature, providing extra protection for users who are at risk of falls.
- MobileHelp and Medical Guardian both use AT&T for their cellular connection, ensuring reliable communication with the monitoring center.
However, there are also some differences between the two companies that may influence which one is the best fit for a particular user.
MobileHelp: Features, Pros, and Cons
Features and Services
MobileHelp offers a range of eight different medical alert systems, including at-home systems, on-the-go GPS units, and a hybrid touchscreen and mobile system.
- All of MobileHelp’s packages come with 24/7 professional monitoring included at no extra cost.
- For seniors who just want coverage at home, MobileHelp offers both cellular and landline systems.
- For on-the-go coverage, all of MobileHelp’s mobile offerings come equipped with GPS technology and an AT&T cellular connection.
Pros and Cons of MobileHelp
Medical Guardian: Features, Pros, and Cons
Features and Services
Medical Guardian offers a diverse selection of medical alert systems, including at-home options, on-the-go systems, and both two-piece and all-in-one mobile medical alert devices.
- All Medical Guardian subscriptions come with access to their 24/7 emergency response center included.
- The company’s newest system is MGMove, a smartwatch alert system perfect for active users.
Pros and Cons of Medical Guardian
In the next part of the article, we will delve into the user experience with both MobileHelp and Medical Guardian, providing a more in-depth look at what it’s like to use these systems.
comparing MOBILEHELP vs Medical Guardian
|Starts at $19.95/month
|Ease of use
|Starts at $0.97 per day
|Value for money
User Experience with MobileHelp
- Ease of Use: MobileHelp’s devices are designed to be user-friendly. The buttons are large and easy to press, even for users with limited dexterity. The devices are also lightweight, making them comfortable to wear or carry around.
- Customer Service: MobileHelp’s customer service is generally well-regarded. They offer 24/7 support and have a team of highly trained operators ready to assist in case of an emergency. However, some users have reported difficulties with the cancellation process.
- Features: Users appreciate the wide range of features offered by MobileHelp. These include GPS location tracking, two-way voice communication, and automatic fall detection. The MobileHelp Connect feature, which allows caregivers to monitor the user’s location and status, is particularly popular.
- Reliability: MobileHelp’s devices are reliable and have a good battery life. They also offer a risk-free trial, allowing users to test the system before committing to a long-term contract.
- Value for Money: Many users feel that MobileHelp offers good value for money. The company offers a range of plans to suit different budgets, and there are no hidden fees or equipment fees.
User Experience with Medical Guardian
- Ease of Use: Medical Guardian’s devices are also designed to be easy to use. The Classic Guardian and Home 2.0 systems, for example, have large, easy-to-press buttons and a clear, loud speaker for two-way voice communication.
- Customer Service: Medical Guardian is known for its fast response times, although some customers have reported difficulties when cancelling memberships. The company offers 24/7 support and has monitoring centers that are 100% U.S.-based.
- Features: Medical Guardian offers a broad range of devices and accessories. These include both home units and mobile devices, as well as a smartwatch that pairs with the MyGuardian app. The app offers a range of features, including a monitoring system, a messaging platform, and a billing section.
- Reliability: Medical Guardian’s devices are reliable and have a good battery life. The company uses both Verizon’s and AT&T’s 4G LTE networks, which gives their devices a broader range than many competitors.
- Value for Money: Medical Guardian’s services are competitively priced, and the company often offers special deals, such as waiving the equipment fee for the Classic Guardian model. However, some users have reported issues with being charged for the service after attempting to cancel their subscription.
Conclusion: Which is the Right Medical Alert System?
Choosing the right medical alert system is a critical decision that can significantly impact the safety and peace of mind of not only the user but also their loved ones. In this comprehensive comparison, we’ve delved into the features, pros, cons, and user experiences of two leading providers in the medical alert industry: MobileHelp and Medical Guardian.
Both companies have proven to be reliable and trustworthy providers, offering a range of systems designed to cater to various needs and lifestyles. They both provide 24/7 monitoring by highly trained operators, ensuring that help is always just a button press away. They also offer automatic fall detection, a crucial feature for seniors and those at risk of falls.
MobileHelp stands out for its high-quality equipment and affordable systems. The company offers a range of eight different medical alert systems, including at-home systems, on-the-go GPS units, and a hybrid touchscreen and mobile system. All of their packages come with 24/7 professional monitoring included at no extra cost. For seniors who just want coverage at home, MobileHelp offers both cellular and landline systems. For on-the-go coverage, all of MobileHelp’s mobile systems offerings come equipped with GPS technology and an AT&T cellular connection.
On the other hand, Medical Guardian is known for its cutting-edge technology and sleek systems. The company offers a diverse selection of medical alert systems, including at-home options, on-the-go systems, and both two-piece and all-in-one mobile devices. All Medical Guardian subscriptions come with access to their 24/7 emergency response center. The company’s newest system is MGMove, a smartwatch medical alert device and system perfect for active users.
However, choosing the right medical alert system ultimately depends on the individual’s specific needs, lifestyle, and budget. For instance, a user who values high-quality equipment and affordability might lean towards MobileHelp. Conversely, a user who desires the latest technology and doesn’t mind paying a bit more might find Medical Guardian to be a better fit.
It’s also worth noting that both companies offer risk-free trial, allowing users to test the system before committing to a long-term contract. This is an excellent opportunity to assess the system’s ease of use, reliability, and overall fit for the user’s lifestyle.
Both MobileHelp and Medical Guardian offer robust, medical monitoring and alert systems that can provide peace of mind and help ensure safety. The decision between the two will depend on individual needs and preferences. It’s important to assess these factors carefully and make an informed decision that best supports the user’s safety and independence.
FAQs on MobileHelp and Medical Guardian
What kind of features do MobileHelp and Medical Guardian offer for caregivers?
MobileHelp offers a feature called MobileHelp Connect that allows caregivers to monitor the user’s location and status. This feature provides peace of mind to family members, as they can check on the user’s whereabouts and ensure they are safe. On the other hand, Medical Guardian offers a caregiver app that allows caregivers to monitor the user’s activity and location, providing them with real-time updates.
How long is the battery life of MobileHelp and Medical Guardian devices?
The battery life of MobileHelp and Medical Guardian devices varies depending on the device and usage. However, generally, the devices have a good battery life. For instance, the battery of the mobile device can last up to 24 hours on a single charge, while the battery of the home base unit can last up to 30 hours. It’s important to regularly check and charge the devices to ensure they are always ready in case of an emergency.
Are the MobileHelp and Medical Guardian devices waterproof?
Yes, both MobileHelp and Medical Guardian devices are water-resistant, making them safe to wear in the shower or bath. This is a crucial feature as many falls happen in the bathroom. With a water-resistant device, users can get help immediately if they slip or fall in the bathroom.
Do I need a landline or phone to use MobileHelp or Medical Guardian systems?
No, both MobileHelp and Medical Guardian offer systems that use a cellular connection, so a landline or phone is not necessary. This is beneficial for users who do not have a landline or prefer not to use one. It also ensures that the system can work in areas of the home where a landline phone may not be accessible.
Can Medicare, Medicaid, or other insurance companies pay for the MobileHelp or Medical Guardian device?
Neither MobileHelp nor Medical Guardian accepts Medicare, Medicaid, or insurance. However, some insurance plans may cover the cost of a medical alert system, so it’s worth checking with your insurance provider. It’s also worth noting that some states have assistance programs that may help cover the cost of a medical alert system.
What happens if I want to cancel my subscription with MobileHelp or Medical Guardian?
Both MobileHelp and Medical Guardian do not have long-term contracts, which means you can cancel your subscription at any time. However, it’s important to return all equipment promptly to avoid any additional charges. The cancellation process can vary, so it’s best to contact the customer service of the respective company for the most accurate information.
Are there any hidden fees with MobileHelp or Medical Guardian?
Both MobileHelp and Medical Guardian are transparent about their pricing. However, there may be additional fees for certain features or services. For example, there may be an additional fee for fall detection or an equipment fee for certain devices. It’s important to read the terms and conditions carefully and ask the company if you have any questions about the pricing.
Do MobileHelp and Medical Guardian offer any unique features?
Yes, both MobileHelp and Medical Guardian offer unique features that set them apart from other medical alert companies. For example, MobileHelp offers a feature called MobileHelp Connect that allows caregivers to monitor the user’s location and status. On the other hand, Medical Guardian offers a smartwatch system called MGMove, which is perfect for active users.
How do MobileHelp and Medical Guardian compare in terms of reliability and safety?
Both MobileHelp and Medical Guardian are highly reliable and safe. They both use AT&T cellular networks to ensure a stable connection, and their devices are water-resistant and have a good battery life. They also have monitoring centers that are staffed by highly trained operators who can respond quickly in case of an emergency.